Ansible: Up and Running, 3rd Edition
Among the many configuration management tools available, Ansible has some distinct advantages: It's minimal in nature. You don't need to install anything on your nodes. And it has an easy learning curve. With this updated third edition, you'll quickly learn how to be productive with this tool, whether you're a developer deploying code to production or a system administrator looking for a better automation solution. Authors Bas Meijer, Lorin Hochstein, and René Moser show you how to write playbooks (Ansible's configuration management scripts), manage remote servers, and explore the tool's real power: built-in declarative modules.
- Explore Ansible configuration management and deployment
- Learn how to apply Ansible best practices
- Understand how to use the new collections format
- Create a local development environment
- Generate reusable Ansible content for open source middleware
- Build container images, images for cloud instances, and cloud computing instances