OpenShift for Developers, 2nd Edition
Ready to build cloud native applications? Get a rapid, hands-on introduction to daily life as a developer whose code runs on OpenShift, the open source container application platform from Red Hat. Creating and containerizing your apps for deployment on modern distributed systems can be daunting. With this practical guide, developers will learn how to build, deploy, and manage a multitiered application on OpenShift. Authors Joshua Wood and Brian Tannous, principal developer advocates at Red Hat, demonstrate how OpenShift speeds application development. With the Kubernetes container orchestrator at its core, OpenShift simplifies and automates the way you build, ship, and run your code. Throughout this book, you'll learn how to use OpenShift and the Quarkus Java framework to develop and deploy apps using proven enterprise technologies.
- Explore core OpenShift technologies, including containers and Kubernetes
- Learn the development cycles for building and deploying on OpenShift
- Build and deploy a multitiered application on OpenShift and manage its ongoing lifecycle
- Use a fast and iterative development cycle, with the Kubernetes platform as the deployment target
- Create a continuous integration and deployment pipeline to build and deploy application source code on OpenShift
- Automate scale, build, and deployment processes using OpenShift's developer features and webhooks